Surveys allow you to collect information or payments from your participants. You can use surveys to take polls, create quizzes, and more. Surveys can be connected to the registration process, payments, reflections and discussion circles.
Note: The Survey feature is available on all the paid membership plans: Personal, Professional, Organization (see our Membership plans here).
Survey in the registration process
Let’s explore how we can create a survey and add it to the registration process.
1. Choose your top level circle (click on the name of your course/program), find ADMIN TOOLS on the right sidebar, then click on Surveys.
2. You are in the Survey area of your program. Press the blue Create survey button.
3. In the next window set up the survey details: you can name your survey, write an optional description and press Add questions.
Note: Add payment Request option is used to create a flexible payment option that allows you to set several payment levels. You can read about this type of survey here (Payment settings article).
4. You can add as many questions as you like with a multiple choice, single choice or free form response.
The four direction arrow symbol allows you to switch questions around.
When you are ready, press the green Save survey button.
5. Great job! Your survey is ready. Now click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side and select Add to registration.
The participants will go through this survey when they click on the action button on your registration page. They won’t be able to join the circle before they complete the survey.
6. Survey responses. Click on the name of your survey. Here you can see your questions and the responses of the participants. You can choose the summary view or sort them by name.
Note: Sutra surveys are not anonymous. If you collect feedback during or after the program you might prefer to have anonymous responses so that your participants will be comfortable to give you honest responses. In this case we recommend using other survey services (e.g. Google forms).
7. You can always go back to all your surveys through ADMIN TOOLS→Surveys. Click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side to see the drop-down menu.
Here you can choose to:
Download CSV - to get the survey responses sent to you by email in a CSV file format.
Send to circles - to add a survey to any discussion circle of your choice.
First create a survey that you would like to add to a circle. Then choose Send to circles in the drop-down menu. Here you can write an optional description, select the circle(s) you would like to add this survey to, choose to send it as yourself or sutrabot and press the green Send survey button.
The participants will see the description and the Take survey button posted in the selected discussion circle.
By clicking on the blue Take button participants will be able to respond to your survey.
Add to reflections - to use a survey for creating directed reflections in the discussion circles. Using this feature you will provide the participants with specific questions before they respond to someone's message, such as "What do you see, feel, hear? How does this make you feel?" etc. In other words, you will give them the prompts for their reflections to posts.
Here is what it can look like in a discussion circle:
When the participants click on Reflect they will see the reflection prompts:
Add to registration - to add a survey to registration (we covered registration surveys in this article).
Add to Payment - to add a survey to payment. See the Payments settings article.
You can also Edit, Duplicate and Delete the survey.